Friday 31 May 2013

warmth from a heat pack..

daiso heat packs / pocket warmers
new & old DAISO pocket warmers! or heat packs, as I prefer to call them

So I decided to go through my stash of heat packs a month (plus two weeks) before I have to pack for the trip to Perth. Did I mention that it's winter over there? Brr.. It's time for layered fashion! Hah. Who am I kidding. A wrapped up dumpling can only look tasty, and hope to be marginally pretty.

Pink pocket warmers with a white polka dot pattern
らくらくカイロ 携帯用ミニ
(rakuraku kairo keitai-yō mini)

This was the last pack of heat packs that I bought from DAISO, quite some time back.. I didn't see many without adhesive, back when I was using them for *TOM's office visits. So when I saw these, I decided to get a pack of 8. Finally got around to using them earlier this week when TOM dropped in & I was feeling too lazy to fill up the hot water bottle.. .. Heh. Okay, I wasn't feeling that lazy, but a hot water bottle doesn't get as warm or last as long as the heat pack/ pocket warmer.
Usually, I'll fill up the hot water bottle just before bedtime, and have it in bed till morning. Simply cause I don't have to worry about giving myself burns while I sleep. The DAISO heat pack can really really get quite warm (a lil' hot for me, but my hands have low tolerance to heat *shrug*).

More on the lovely hot water bottle next time (in 3 - 4 weeks time when TOM swings by like always.. meh~). Back to the pink and white polka dotted packet. Just ripping open its individual packaging will activate it. But have I mentioned just how many times it has poked me? I didn't know the last pack I bought were plastic heat packs! The non-adhesive heat pack I used before has a sheep on its packaging, and this pink and white dotted one has the sheep too.. I don't remember if I was over confident in picking up the right item or if it was a rushed grab'n'go moment. Psssshhhh~
The other heat pack w/o adhesive uses a kind of synthetic fabric (not sure what, but I know it does not prick). So what do I do with my current (pokey) heat pack?

らくらくカイロ 携帯用ミニ
self rounded corner of the pink pocket warmers with a white polka dot pattern

I rounded the corners with a sharp pair of scissors. With this, I have learned my lesson. Avoid the plastic heat packs. Then again, if I'm going to be layering for Perth's winter, I might as well use the heat packs with adhesive on one side. I can stick them on the second last layer of clothes. It'll mean that I can have front & back heating! Heck, sticking them on the jacket gives me a removable heater! Awesome or what?! Haha~



.. on a cool day

No comments:

Post a Comment